It's been a week since Ross & I came home from camping with our friends over Labor Day weekend, but that just makes me want to reminisce even though I have a ton of great pictures to remember it by (on facebook in case you hadn't noticed)!! A few of the highlights:
- Camping in the mountains of North Carolina (near Boone)...gorgeous area all around! Can't wait to go back one day!
- The chaos of figuring out our tent sites at the campground, long story, but Ang & I were victorious in the end :) Go Team... um......Portuesi Seibert?!!!
- Touring Linville Caverns and Linville Falls, experiencing 'total darkness' in Linville Caverns, only 2 places in the world you can experience that and we were in one of 'em :) (fun fact: apparently it would take 2 months to go completely blind, but psychiatrists say it would only take 2-3 weeks to go crazy) Final Conclusion: Yes, it was dark (not the whole tour, just that one moment :)
- As usual, we played card games, and yet another game of never-ending Phase 10, to which 3 of us finally ditched out in hopes of gaining back our sanity
- Ross & I got to use our brand new tent. OH THE ROOM WE HAD :) Even Dakota had her own spot in the corner with her bed. She was great, we'd go to bed at night, and she'd immediately go lay down in her bed. I'd cover her with a blanket to keep her warm (since her new habit is burying herself at home) and she'd sleep until morning. And as usual per our faithful Marmot brand, the tent stayed dry through the rain!
- Ross & I also felt spoiled having the crossover with so much room and power! (mwahaha) Somehow we managed to completely fill it up with stuff, but it's still a car we're both going to love for years to come and for hopefully many more adventures :)
And last but NOT LEAST:
- Mr. Monopoly (aka mean Park Ranger with a mustache that we nicknamed) threatening to give us a $250 ticket for having our cooler with alcohol in our car when pulling into an area to go see Elk Falls!!! Apparrently we drove onto an Air Force Reservation Land which prohibits alcohol and weapons. So sorry we didn't see your rusted, dinky sign and that you barely noticed our ALABAMA (aka tourist) license plate. And then questioned if we were even 21 years old AFTER looking at Ross' LICENSE, registration & insurance. Wow. Deuche-bag. Yes, Mr. Monopoly, I can call you whatever I want, at least we had some great laughs for the rest of the weekend!! :) (aka....Mr. Monopoly park ranger says 'do not pass go, do not collect money, go directly to Jail') hahahaha but we never did get to see those falls.... o well! We were lucky we had to head back to the campsite anyway, b/c then it started pouring down rain and we were there in the knick of time to salvage most things!!