Monday, April 22, 2013

Can't Bring Me Down

This weekend was a failure in so many ways that it's become comical. Despite my failures, I still stayed positive & cheery (which surprisingly carried over into my Monday...what has the world turned into?!!)  I don't know how I do it, but I'm gonna go ahead and applaud myself on how persistent I am on being optimistic and not letting things bring me down ...

just a sec as I pat myself on the back.....

Ok, better now! :)

I guess the weekend started out ok. Ross & I partook in our usual Friday night and went out for dinner. Delish.

Saturday I was looking forward to checking out our outlet stores here and do some shopping. You see, I'm going to the beach in just 4 (5?) weeks and have been trying to refresh my summer wardrobe since it's basically non-existent. All this girl needs is 1 or 2 tank tops and a pair of new shorts. Oh, and a bathing suit would be nice since it is the beach after all. Easy peasy, right?! Wrong. The outlets were an uber failure (as was the mall last weekend). All I came out with was a pair of Aviator sunglasses that I still can't decide if I like but am wearing nonetheless. I probably look like a fool. Foolish me and my silly aviator sunglasses. Moving On...

Saturday night I was looking forward to staying in with the hubs and renting the movie 'Lincoln.' I've been wanting to see it for awhile. Well. Yeah..... Utterly dissapointed. Words cannot describe what I watched, since literally, I didn't comprehend a word they said. Don't worry though if you were planning on seeing it yourself, I'm sure you'll fully enjoy it! I've concluded that apparently the more Oscars that a movie wins means the less likely I am to interpret a single sentence they say! Call me dumb.... Literature was never my strong suit. I think there was an astonishing plot twist or two, but, again... who knows. Didn't understand a single thing they all said the. entire. movie.  And Ross fell asleep at the end. Fail.

Sunday I was excited to check out yet another -- wait for it --- church! (story of our lives people, story. of. our. lives)  Does this make church #10? 11? Geesh. This is getting old. Anywho, we must forge ahead! *says optimistic me* So we go to church in a town 20 minutes away that I heard good things about. It starts off with contemporary music, yay! And then...then?!!!! An HOUR and FORTY minutes later, service comes to an end. Oh what's that about the sermon?!! Who knows. After 30 minutes I completely tuned out. You thought I hated Literature? Well I hate Lectures even more. Anything over 30 minutes and you've lost me. Unless there is food involved. Which there was not. So after our almost TWO hour church service, Ross & I went out to lunch completely dazed and confused by what just happened. And how we can cross off 'Southern Baptist' from our religious scope. Sorry to judge a religion on one church. I think he preached about that at some point. Again, I'm not sure. Fail.

And here we are on Monday. I think I'm cheery because the weekend is finally over and nothing else could possibly go wrong.

Maybe I'll have a really great week at work?!  Optimistic me says 'Yes, I will!'

*Kristin*

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha... you crack me up! I've also learned that if a movie has a "Film Festival Award", I should NOT watch it! As for your wardrobe, I rolled my eyes... you are the most stylish person I know. And SOUTHERN BAPTIST? Whelp, I could've told you that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the wardrobe comments, but michelle (hands down!) is more stylish than me :) Besides, I recently had a revelation and purged over half of my closet! I love it!! Less clutter and more clothes I actually wear & enjoy but quickly realized that I'm lacking summer clothes. As far as religion goes, our church back in pgh was actually American Baptist so we thought it would be similar to Southern Baptist. Guess not. At least not this one. O well :)

      Delete