Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Little by Little

Last weekend was supposed to be our move-in day to the new house, but unfortunately it got delayed to this Saturday. Which actually is working out better even though I'm still eager to get this all over with!

But with the extra time:
  • The electrician finished and we have an updated breaker box in the house. And the power is turned back on!
  • The plumber should be finishing up today or tomorrow. He had to update our water heater and move the W/D hookups
  • The carpets should be cleaned tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the 3rd time's the charm.... I've already been stood up twice so hopefully this new company is better at showing up!
  • I finished the living room!! :) ...as far as painting goes
  • I'm almost done with the master bedroom. It'll feel good to have freshly painted walls, ceiling and trim done in 2 rooms when we move in!
And on top of that, Ross & I rented a Uhaul last weekend and at least moved most of our boxes to the house. Now only the heavy furniture is left for the movers this weekend. I tell ya, I'll be so happy to be done with the move. And I knew how much I would dread it even back when we began house hunting. Moving is the worst!! Especially when you start to realize how much crap we own (even though I feel like we're pretty good at keeping the clutter down)! I feel a spring yard sale calling my name :)

*Kristin*

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to see how it's coming along! And hopefully this will be the last house you need an electrician for before you move-in! :)

    ReplyDelete