Friday, May 22, 2015

12 Week Check-up

Ross & I got to see Gummy Bear again yesterday at my 12-week check-up! I was really looking forward to it. I think baby is measuring between 2-3" (or the size of a lime) now but it looked huge up on the wide screen tv during the ultrasound. Baby was just laying there, not cooperating for a profile shot. After a few minutes, I was kind of bored. You couldn't make out much of what you were looking at. The ultrasound technician kept prodding, but nada. Until the very end. Just when the technician was wrapping up, baby must've been irritated from all the movement that it started kicking it's legs, moving its arms and then squirming. I squealed!! Ross & I were pretty much in 'awe.' I couldn't believe all the movement and couldn't look away. I can't believe I can't feel anything yet. What an experience!

It still really hasn't sunk in yet that parenthood is racing around the corner. I'm just now fully embracing the pregnancy now that I can talk about it and want to enjoy this moment right now :) I get a little freaked out thinking ahead, wondering how I'll ever adjust to sleepless nights, affording daycare when I start back up at work, etc. etc. But then I realize what a blessing and what a JOURNEY this is going to be. And how excited I am to just get to experience this phase of life with Ross. I can't wait. So I remember that even though our life won't be as easy and kicked back as it is now, it's gonna be pretty cool.

*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment