Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Settling In to 'Normal'

Our lives are finally getting back to normal and settling down!!

I'm sitting here in our rental house... looking around at the last few things that need to be organized. The house is so cozy and our things and furniture fit well! (aside from items placed in the basement for storage :) We had to downsize from our AL house since rent was a bit outrageous here... but it feels good to downsize. Our AL house was half empty anyway, so we didn't have a ton of extra furniture. And it constantly makes us re-evaluate how much we own and what we can do without. I'm always on a 'minimalist mindset' and I love when Ross starts to jump on board! haha

Back to the 'charm' of the 1920's house... take a look at a few of the original doorknobs we have here, I love them...


Glass doorknobs make me swoon :) Wouldn't it be funny if they were actually only made to look old?! I tell myself that they are original. They are in rough enough shape for me to think so!

I also love the original wood floors throughout the house. They have a few scratches and wear-and-tear here and there, but that's all the more reason to love them and imagine who has lived here in the past 90 years. *blush*

The living room is my favorite room in the house! (I apologize for the cell phone camera quality!)...



For the first time EVER, I have a fireplace and a mantle to decorate!! I can't wait to decorate it for Christmas. And I don't even know where to start on all of those built-in shelves, I love them but for now, they will sit empty. Ross & I are already looking forward to some cozying up in front of the fireplace this winter and with baby girl here :) It's gonna be a good winter this year.

So even though I love the charm of the older home, it also has a few quirks that only older homes can have. So maybe it's not our ideal house for the long-term, but for now, I'm loving it and we're comfortable.

And now... I can finally focus on getting ready for Baby Girl. We're purchasing her crib next weekend and will start putting her room together. Only 8 weeks to go!  It's coming fast and we'll hopefully be ready just in the nick of time :)

*Kristin*

1 comment:

  1. I L.O.V.E. your living room - so cozy and cute! Also, can I just say how ridiculous it is that you have already hung pictures/put up decorations in the house?! You are on top of it!! Go you and your nesting phase lol. Can't wait to hear/see how the nursery turns out :)

    ReplyDelete