Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Claire - 1 Month Old

I had all good intentions of posting a 1-week post, 2-week post, etc. but life got in the way. So here I am, posting Claire's 1-month update (+5 days :).

She has been such an easy baby for the most part! She mostly cries when her diaper needs changed or when she's hungry. And she's always hungry. She must get that from me :) I figure if she wants to nurse for comfort or hunger, who am I to say otherwise? Whatever I can do to make the crying stop! Breastfeeding has also been going so well and I know I'm fortunate to be able to say that. She also started to take the occasional bottle last week and got the hang of that real quick! Seriously, every time I prepare myself for a new hurdle and read countless articles on how to prepare for something, she makes it seem like a breeze. She really has been such a blessing!

She does have the usual nighttime fussiness which can be calmed by nursing and nighttime cluster feeding. But she's just starting sleeping in one 4-hour stretch when she first nods off! It is glorious! And then she goes back to her 2-hour stretches of sleep. But I'll take what I can get.

She had her 1-month checkup today and did so well! She's now 10.0 lbs, 22" (grew 1.5" since her 1-week appt). And she's finally growing into her head, haha.  At her 1-week check-up, her head was in the 92nd percentile, today it is in the 71st.

Ross & I have had such an easy transition into parenthood thanks to her being such an easy baby. I think the biggest challenge for me is realizing that running out to the store is no easy task any longer! I can't even imagine how people do it with multiple kids. By the time I get her fed and in her carseat, hours have passed. And carrying that carseat is no fun... it's so heavy, only to get heavier. Hmph.

And lastly, here are a few photos :)

Claire at 1-week...

vs today, Claire at 1-month (+5 days)...
The biggest difference I see from over the last month is that her face has un-scrunched, haha. She is definitely growing fast!! I'm so afraid I'm going to forget these precious moments.

She's not crazy about her hat today! haha


Another close-up from today:


Lastly, my favorite 1-week photo. Who doesn't look adorable in a big bow?! Double-chin and all :)


*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment