Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ouch!

How do you take your mind off of minimal daily lower back pain.....why, just pull a different back muscle!! Ouch. This is the 2nd time in the past few weeks that I pulled the same back muscle behind my right rib cage, and it hurts!! Oh holy moly.

The first time I pulled the muscle was while working on the bathroom renovation, so I assumed it was something I did during that and vowed to be more careful (which is lying since I don't know how I caused it in the first place). But this time, I did nothing last night except my nightly stretches/exercises for my lower back. I have a feeling that the one exercise is what's causing me to pull this muscle. Which is strange b/c I feel great after the stretch, but the next morning, I wake up in agony!

So again, I'm left discouraged that I'll ever get my back to 100% healed. If I can't even do exercises to help it, then what?? I was also really excited to get back into Hot Yoga tonight (since I slacked off during the busy Christmas season), but it looks like that'll have to wait another week.

And it really sucks when I have to pass up things because I don't think my back can handle it. Think .....snowboarding. Ross & I haven't gone in 2 years, but some of Ross' friends are thinking about going, and I'll have to sit out because the last thing my back needs right now is me falling on my a** 50 times in one night :/ Perhaps now is a good time to take up skiing instead!

Anyways, on the upside....I still have a ton of pain killers left over from last year when I broke my back, and I have an awesome husband who is going to drop off some Percocet to me at work soon. Ooh-la-la. Me loves some painkillers right about now!!

~Kristin

1 comment: