Friday, April 20, 2012

Saying Farewell

Well today is my last day at Westinghouse, and it's hitting me a lot harder than I thought it would. I guess saying goodbye is never easy, no matter how close or distant you are to people, but I think what's hardest is saying goodbye to familiar faces and not knowing what's to come next. Yesterday, all of my coworkers got together with a farewell cake for me, and it was the sweetest thing. I was blown away that they all took time out of their day to celebrate with me and to give me a going away gift. I truly feel appreciated here, and they all keep gushing about how much they'll miss me. *blush* ....hopefully I will have greener pastures ahead!

After I leave here today, I'm on my way to a very exciting weekend in Bethesda, MD, celebrating my best friends bachelorette party! It's going to be a great time, but also bittersweet, as it'll be the last big 'Hooray' with my closest friends. Friends that have stuck with me since middle school, high school, college and so on! I know we'll all keep in touch and that I'll never lose them, but knowing that we won't have anymore camping outtings together or an impromptu weeknight dinner together just plain hurts.

On another note, I am looking forward to the fact that I will be with Ross soon, but that's about it! I've become quite the 'debbie downer' about moving south, after all of my optimism the past few months, it's finally worn thin. I'm ready to say "THIS SUCKS." I know Ross & I will have an exciting adventure ahead of ourselves and make the most out of it, but some days I just don't know. It'll be good for us too, I guess I just want to get over the hump of moving, and finally get settled down there.

Anywho. Enough pessimism for one day :) Let's go forth and do great things!!

*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment