Sunday, January 5, 2014

House Tour!

I kept promising to share pictures of the house, but then it dawned on me to just take a video :) This was the first time using the video function on my dslr so bear with me!


Of course, after watching the video there are 1,001 things I forgot to mention, but here are a few:

- Ross is re-wiring some electrical work in the kitchen for the new mudroom, so pardon the random holes in the kitchen walls and missing faceplate on some of the switches.

- The old W/D closet will eventually become my new food pantry!

- The mudroom is not finished being painted in case you hadn't noticed the half pink/half gray walls. I painted the one wall gray and that's the furthest I got :) The board & batten behind the w/d and bench area will remain white and crisp. I can't wait to have this room done! And my W/D should be arriving on the 14th, yay!

- The backyard was raked into rows of pine straw. That's not a look we're going for, just ran out of steam to finish raking it all!

- There's a handicap pull bar in the main hallway (you see it hanging down). The screws are stripped and we have yet to bother getting rid of it. And the hallway is not as yellow in person as it came out on video... it's actually a pale yellow, but regardless, it will be repainted one day!

- Our cars are still parked outside b/c the garage is full of stuff! We just look like avid Kia promoters :)



So, all in all, you can see where we updated the master bedroom, guest bedroom and living room. And you can see how the rest of the house is coming along. It's all a work-in-progress but we'll get there eventually!! :)

*Kristin*

6 comments:

  1. Love the new house! It seems like it has so much potential and I can't wait to see what you do to it! I love how the windows are tall, Seth would have so much fun looking out of them with Dakota. Steve is also super jealous that you have a mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the mailbox is not nearly as cool as our previous cat mailbox, but we'll take it! :) Thanks Betsy!! Glad you guys finally got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great house! I can see it needs work, but I know you guys will make it a beautiful home:) Now, when can I visit???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) The guest room is ready and waiting! Maybe I'll need your skills though when it comes to demo'ing and renovating our master bathroom. You are a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom and I just watched the video together (from Germany!) We love it. There's a ton of potential and we LOVE the backyard, too! You've got so much style and class. Can't wait to see it when it's all done, but it's fun to watch the journey, too. Congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss that cat mailbox! It was an antique, you should have kept it as a souvenier and brought it from house to house as a reminder of your first.home :)

    ReplyDelete