Wednesday, July 15, 2015

20-Week Appt.

It's official... I have a sealed (aka *stapled shut!*) envelope sitting at home with our baby's gender inside :) I absolutely won't peak, people don't believe me... but I can't wait for our gender reveal party on Saturday with our families that I absolutely don't want to spoil it for myself! I also want to be surprised. And I've enlisted one of my closest girlfriend's to be the secret keeper and purchase the right balloons for our gender reveal box.

The appointment this morning was so much fun, seeing Baby S again. I think once we know the gender it will actually feel real to me because I can talk about 'him' or 'her' and not 'it!' Or maybe when I can feel the baby kick, hopefully soon, then it will all sink in.

I realize I'm halfway through pregnancy now but part of me still feels 'blasé' about the whole thing. It hasn't sunk in yet that I need to start looking at daycares NOW to get on a waiting list, that I need to figure out the classes at our hospital, start adding stuff to our baby registry and figuring out what we need/don't need, that maybe we should start shopping for the nursery. *eek* So many to-do items that I only get overwhelmed and tired out. I guess I should make a to-do list... Or google a list :)

I'm also excited just to be visiting home this weekend and getting to share this experience with our families and our closest friends. Everyone has been so sweet it truly makes me thankful for the people we have in our lives. And I will definitely be sharing the gender reveal on Facebook, hopefully soon after we find out!

And as far as picking out names, we haven't discussed it at all. All I know is that I'm going to be the difficult one. I hate every name out there. *sigh* Hopefully pairing it down to a gender will help! We shall see.

*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment