Sunday, May 13, 2012

Art in Avondale Park

The fun of living in any new town I imagine is just exploring the area. So far, Ross & I have done just that. This past weekend, we checked out the annual Buck Creek Festival in the town south of us, called Helena (rated in the top '100 places to live in the US,' which peaks my interest! haha). It was a casual hang out, lots of good food and gave us something to do in this gorgeous weather. Sorry though, I didn't bring my camera.

But that brings me to my next topic, the weekend before when Ross & I checked out 'Art in the Park' at Avondale Park, a bit north of us. The drive there was quite interesting, going through some very deteriorating neighborhoods, and Ross was wondering where on earth I was taking him! But alas, we stumbled upon Avondale Park which was quite the hidden gemstone.


It was a VERY small art show, which local artists only, but was worth a day out. They had tents set up for the artists, Firetrucks for the kids to explore, and so forth.


We even brought Dakota with us, just to get her out of the house and hopefully burn off some energy!


Look ma'.... trying to wear my hair curly aka au naturale!! You'd be so proud!

Moving on, Ross & I have decided we are bad 'parents' as I remembered to bring water for Dakota, but no bowl. Sooooo, we couldn't stay very long, since she was panting in no time! oopsie daisy!


Also at the festival were musicians playing in the outside amphitheater, which was quite nice. It was pretty dead when we were there, but it seemed like it would be a great place to hang out if they had more events set up on the weekends.

The first picture shows the stage, and the second shows the sitting area. I love how they tiered the seating right into the hill :)




As we were leaving, we saw baby ducks (ducklings?). lol


And lastly, for my dad, on our drive home, we saw his favorite Two Men.....


 HAHA. I had no clue they were based nationally and not just in Pgh.

Well, that's been our weekends so far, and I'll remember to keep our camera handy for our next adventures!

*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment