Monday, May 7, 2012

Southern Living

Oi vey! The apt. has been taken over by boxes! I'm slowly unpacking everything but now our apt. seems to be bursting at the seams. Ugh! But anyway, before I get lost in the madness again, I thought I'd update you on how life in the south has been going so far :)

Since our tv and other items didn't come until yesterday, I had nothing to do all week but catch up on some reading and work on some projects on the computer. I just finished the Hunger Games series and can't stop thinking about it :) I'm so glad I finished it after being very confused after the 2nd book...but you'll see....I wouldn't want to give away any spoilers!

Other than that, it was kind of nice to relax without being sucked into tv-watching every night, gave us a chance after work to explore the area instead and try out some restaurants. Although, I must admit, once we finally got our stuff yesterday, the first thing Ross & I did was hook up the tv and order pizza (Papa John's to be exact, since we've NEVER lived somewhere where they deliver to us, so this was a huge splurge :)

Ross has been busy at work, normally getting home around 5:30 or 6:00. Then there are some late nights when he doesn't leave the office until 6:00, but we can't complain. I think we both still see this is the opportunity we were waiting for, and I don't think he minds the late night every now and then. He's gaining a ton of experience already and seems to enjoy his job for the most part, at least as much as you can enjoy the field of labor relations! I still question how he deals with difficult people on a daily basis, haha....but I guess he knew what he was getting into!

As for me, I've been job hunting a bit here & there, but haven't seen anything yet that interests me. Bu I'll keep looking and forge on! I know something will come along sooner or later.

As for the weather...it's hot. The end. And I know we're not even into the thick of it yet. It's weird, knowing that I'm experiencing weather that is the HEIGHT of Pgh's summer, high 80's, low 90's, and can't even imagine what it's going to be like when the humidity hits. We've been warned, so I'm not looking forward to it. I've been complaining since the day I've moved here how HOT it is! I guess I was never really a summer person to begin with. Always enjoyed the fall weather most (aka Alabama's winter :)

Well, anyway, I should go back to unpacking/ looking for things I can't find/ losing my pair of scissors for the 1093240824th time!

*Kristin*

No comments:

Post a Comment