Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mastering the Cookie

That's right...in my 25 years of life, NEVER have I been able to bake a chocolate chip cookie that didn't come out looking like a pancake! But no more!! I finally concocted the perfect recipe! *er* maybe. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but that's ok :) At least these are OH So delicious!

Also, in my free time, I've been trying to use my DSLR more since I've realized 1) Ross & I NEVER take pictures and 2) I bought this fancy camera and intend on learning all about it! So the more opportunities I decide to use it, the better I'll get. I no longer put the camera away, b/c when it's put away, I forget about it. So now it sits pretty on the top of my kitchen counter :)

So enjoy a ride through my Monday baking...


 Yum....can't you just smell them?!


They came out a little more brown than I intended, which is where the tweaking comes in to play. Or maybe it's the electric oven I'm not used to.

On a photography sidenote, I think I'm getting a little carried away with my nifty fifty lens and need to tone down the 'blurriness' ha!


 And my new routine? A fruity alcoholic drink while baking. They just go hand-in-hand, dontcha thinik?!


So perhaps this is what people do while they are unemployed? If so, I could sure live it up :) And to follow my 'get-fit-for-Ang's-wedding' regime, I gladly gave away all of my cookies for Ross to take into work. So I only ate ten. What?! Surely, that's better than eating all 4 dozen!! 0:)

*Kristin*

1 comment:

  1. Cookies look yummy! Things I've learned from having electric ovens (which I absolutely detest) is that you probably need to lower heat by 5 degrees (so if says 350, go 345), and/or take off about a minute of baking time. Also, I like to have some wine when I bake cupcakes, makes the time go faster and I'm much more relaxed:)

    ReplyDelete