Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fun with Photoshop

Since the new addition of my DSLR, I've been having a lot of fun learning how to use it, and actually getting to enjoy using Photoshop to ENHANCE my photos, and not completely fix them! I still have a LONG way to go with understanding my camera, but it's been a lot of fun so far :)  I even bought a new lens for my camera with some Christmas money, and have finally taken the chance to test this puppy out! Let's just say I LOVE it and am obsessed with it for such a neat little, inexpensive lens.


Enter my only willing (and difficult!!) practice model....Dakota. I even dressed her up just for the fun of it. HAHA Poor dog. Don't worry, she got way too many treats!!


So out of 93(!) shots....here are the best before and afters:


I was able to white out the background using a technique I saw over on BowerPower.  I saw it months ago and it stayed on my mind until I was finally able to try it myself :)



Sadly, making the 'before & after photo collage' in photoshop, took me longer than the entire session! haha It's all a learning experience!



She was NOT happy wearing the hat. It quickly came off!



And then the rest of 84 photos, pretty much look like this.....



Haha....o well. It was fun to say the least and I'm psyched to have one more technique under my rookie belt!

~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. We love the pictures :) Looks like another entertaining session with Dakota - without Ross around you'll have to keep her to torture her with more sessions! ;)

    ReplyDelete