Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Photography Beginning

My cousin Angela asked me a few months ago when I bought my DSLR if I'd be up for taking newborn photos when Giana, her first child, arrived. So on Sunday, Ross & I set out to Angela & Dave's house to meet Giana for the first time, and to take some photos.  She was precious to say the least and only 17 days old. I was so excited to finally have a subject that wasn't Dakota!! I would've liked to take pictures of Giana sooner, but with the move Ross & I are preparing for, we were just too busy to do it any sooner! Giana was quite the cryer for the first hour, but after a bit of coddling and feeding time, she calmed down enough to get some decent photos :)

I'm the first to admit how FAR I am from being a professional after overexposing a ton of shots, taking too long with settings, and some of the pictures being completely out of focus! ...But after 600+ photos (200 of which I instantly deleted), here are some of the best shots. I had so much fun with Giana and can't wait to find more 'test' subjects so that I can keep practicing!  If only all subjects could be this adorable :)





 
  


 










 

 


  

 *Kristin

3 comments:

  1. what a cute little peanut! are babies really that tiny? nice job with the photos! You're hired any time you need some older models :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...Julie I WISH I could take you up on your offer! Toddlers would be so fun to work with!!

    ReplyDelete