Monday, March 12, 2012

And it keeps on Changing...

I'm about finished thinking that I have things all planned out b/c in 5 minutes, I'll have a complete and opposite plan instead :)  I refuse to even make a decision about what I'll eat for dinner, because let's face it, I can't make up my mind on anything right now!!!

First, the house was to be listed on March 1st. Then we decided we'd wait until we finished a few projects, so we held off for a week. Then one more. Then a few days. NOW I'm ready to list it. Pronto. But wait... we still need 2 more days to finish the projects that should really be done BEFORE we list, otherwise giving buyers the impression that the house needs 'work.' Okie dokie, so by the end of this week hopefully it will be on the market. Or next monday. Or next wednesday. Who knows anymore. And I'm going crazy thinking about it.

Next, I originally was going to stay here until mid-June after my friend's wedding and hopefully after the house is sold. This was Ross' and my original plan, together we agreed. Now? I want to move sooner, but have to be realistic, so maybe sometime in May? The earlier the better, but still hoping the house is either sold or under contract come May. The hubs is bored and wants me to move NOW, but that is just day-dreaming :)

Moving options? Welp...that is a revolving decision as well. The first time we moved Ross to AL, we rented a Budget Moving Truck and did most/all of the loading, unloading, and driving ourselves, which also resulted in getting a hotel room one night on the road, for a total of about $1,000 for the first move! It ran us a lot higher than expected. So for this time around, it just may be worth it to hire a company to move us while Ross & I drive my car down ourselves. A few estimates are coming in at $1,500-$2,000 for a company to load, unload and drive, which is better than what I expected! That way, we get professionals to load and unload all of our stuff (bonus points!!) and Ross and I can drive the 17-hour drive in one day since we'll only have my car to drive. AND Dakota will be able to ride along with us in our car. I'm absolutely fearful of bringing her on a plane, so I wouldn't mind driving my good old Chevy Cobalt the whole way without cruise control (darn car!). Oh, that dog is spoiled!!

So if you ask me over the next few months how things are going, and you get a complete and opposite answer of what I told you the first time....well, too bad. Just look at my life right now! It's a revolving mystery :)

I shall like to blame thank my hubs for the chaos!

*Kristin*

1 comment:

  1. If I ever move again, I'd want a moving company! Also, we drove all the way to Oregon w/o cruise control :) made us tough!

    ReplyDelete