Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SOLD! ...er...

UNDER CONTRACT!

We officially accepted an offer last night and have moved towards the impending closing date. It's an emotional roller coaster ride as I can't even begin to express the excitement of selling the house so quickly, but also the sadness of moving so quickly.

As I mentioned here and everywhere, Ross & I received 3(!!) offers on the house after 10 showings in 2 days. I couldn't believe how much activity we received on the house, but I'm so happy people love the house as much as we do.

The offer we accepted was a little over our asking price! I was nervous for weeks before it was listed that we weren't going to get the $159,900 we were asking. I constantly went back and forth thinking maybe we should list higher, list lower, etc....it was driving me nuts.  **Spoiler Alert: I'm going to overshare again since it's mostly family that reads this anyway!**  But lo and behold, in the end, one couple offered us $163,000 (with 20% down, conventional loan, closing at end of April, etc.). There were so many good things about their offer despite the price, that we were ecstatic about it. This couple (and one other offer) even wrote us a letter about why they wanted the house and what it would mean to them. Let's just say the couple we sold it to really hit a note with me, and I'm so happy for them to be getting our house. I really think they'll take good care of it. (wow....can you tell I'm emotional?!)

The closing date is set for April 30th, which means I'll officially be moving April 28th, one weekend after my best friend's bachelorette party (that'll be an emotional celebration!). I also officially submitted my resignation letter today for Westinghouse, resigning on April 20th. There's a lot of official biz-naz going on up here, can you tell?! Maybe I should see how many times I can use the word 'official' for the rest of the post....

So for now, I'm officially getting some official moving company quotes. And trying to squeeze every official last bit of joy and appreciation out of my official house, hopeful that we'll find another official beautiful home in good ol' Alabama.

:)

*Kristin*

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! But I can't believe I had to read your blog to find out that you did in fact sell the house and that you're moving 4/28! Haha...thanks for sharing with me:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blush* In my defense, most of those decisions (aka moving date and resigning) were literally made this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Kristin. I'm so happy that things are moving along so well. Sometimes, I think, that when things are "supposed to be", they just fall into place. When you try to move mountains and they don't move, that's a sign too. I guess God has big plans for you both in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete